A round cut diamond is the most popular diamond shape! Here are a few diamond jewelry tips everyone should know before buying round cut diamonds!
Did you know that the round cut diamond is the most popular diamond shape and represents more than two-thirds of all diamonds sold worldwide?
The round cut diamond has 58 facets and has an exceptional white light reflection that is also known as brilliance. With an elegant, timeless, and classic appearance, the round cut diamond is used in wedding rings, engagement rings, necklaces and other diamond jewelry pieces.
Of all the elements, cut quality is the one element that significantly impacts the beauty and appearance of the diamond. Cut determines how aesthetically appealing and well-proportioned a diamond really is. It impacts a diamond’s ability to provide brilliance and reflect light in general.
One of the well-respected lab grading entity – GIA issues official reports for diamonds and they grade the round brilliant diamond cut on this scale:
- Excellent: It provides the highest level of brilliance and fire and almost all incoming light is emulated through the table.
- Very Good: It provides immense fire and brilliance and the majority of incoming light is emulated through the table.
- Good: It offers sufficient, however, not overwhelming brilliance and much of the incoming light emulates through the table.
- Fair: It provides minimal brilliance and no fire. The light exits through the bottom and the sides of the diamond.
- Poor: There is almost no sparkle, brilliance or fire. The light escapes from the sides and the bottom of the diamond.
In order to evaluate a diamond’s cut quality, you need to make sure it is not cut too deep or too shallow. When a round diamond is cut too shallow, the entering light strikes the pavilion at a pretty low angle and the light exits through the sides and is not reflecting through the table. This causes the diamond to lack fire and brilliance. When a round diamond is cut too deep, the incoming light strikes the pavilion at a sharper angle, causing the light to reflect another pavilion and instead of the light to exit through the table, it exits through the bottom of the diamond. Because of this, the diamond will be dull.
If you are looking to buy elegant and timeless round cut diamonds with incredible brilliance, visit Brilliant Earth’s online store. This is the perfect choice for all those interested in buying high-quality, eco-friendly, conflict-free, and ethical diamonds.